Oilers Announce "Snap A Selfie" Night Presented By Phone Doctors
TULSA, OK – From dressing up like Batman to sporting a Star Wars themed uniform or putting on an ugly Christmas sweater, the Tulsa Oilers have recently created some of the most unique jerseys in minor league hockey. Now the Oilers are partnering with Phone Doctors to help fans go inside the glass and become part of the game.
For the upcoming 2014-15 season, the Oilers are allowing their loyal fans to see themselves on a special jersey during “Snap A Selfie Night” presented by Phone Doctors. On Friday, November 28, Tulsa will become the first team in the Central Hockey League to wear jerseys made entirely of fans’ selfies.
A selfie is simply defined as any picture of oneself (or group) taken with a smartphone and uploaded to a social media site. To participate in the promotion, the Oilers are asking fans to take a selfie and post it to the Oilers official Facebook page or by mentioning @tulsa_oilers and @phonedoctors on Twitter or Instagram and using #OilersSelfie.
The Oilers will collect selfies from Friday, August 15 until 5:00 p.m. on Monday, September 15. Once the selfie submission period is over, the Oilers will construct a jersey assembled entirely from the selfies. The fans that display the most “Oilers spirit” will be featured in prominent locations on the jerseys. Oilers players will wear the jerseys on Friday, November 28 and the jerseys will be auctioned off immediately following the game.
Phone Doctors, founded in Tulsa, has been serving its customers for over 10 years and through franchising is growing into one of the largest mobile device repair companies in the country. With four convenient locations in the Tulsa area, Phone Doctors provides reliable, affordable service for devices of all major makes and models while offering the very latest technology in accessories and applications. The Oilers are proud to join with Phone Doctors in reaching out to hockey fans and bringing the selfie jersey to life.
All selfies submitted in this promotion are eligible to be used in the making of the jersey.
1. Take your Selfie!
2. Like the Oilers Facebook page here by clicking the link
3. Find and Click "Share Photo"
4. Choose your Selfie
5. Use the hashtag #OilersSelfie
1. Take your Selfie!
2. Follow the Oilers on Twitter by clicking the link
3. Add a new tweet/photo and select your best selfie, then tag @tulsa_oilers, tag @phonedoctors AND use the hashtag #OilersSelfie
1. Follow the Oilers Instagram by clicking the link
2. Click choose or take a photo
3. Take or select your Selfie!
4. Select "Tag People" and tag @tulsaoilershockey and use the hashtag #OilersSelfie
5. You can also share your Instagram selfie on Twitter and Facebook as well. Make sure to tag @tulsa_oilers on Twitter and use the hashtag #OilersSelfie