Tulsa Oilers 2012-13 Schedule
TULSA OILERS RELEASE 2012-13 SCHEDULE
TULSA, OK – The Central Hockey League released its 2012-13 schedule on Thursday and announced a new format for the ten team league.This season, the CHL will not be divided into two conferences. All ten teams will play in the same conference with the top eight qualifying for the playoffs. Each playoff series will be a best-of-seven format.The Tulsa Oilers play the first of 66 regular season games at Wichita on Saturday, October 20 and open at home against Quad City on Friday, October 26.More than half (58 percent) of Tulsa’s contests are against it’s four closest rivals, Wichita, Missouri, Allen, and Texas. The Oilers go head to head with Texas and Wichita a season-high ten times each and will face off against the expansion Denver Cutthroats in only three games. Unlike last year, the Oilers will not play games on Thanksgiving Day or Christmas but will travel to Missouri on New Year’s Eve.
The Oilers will embark on their longest road trip of the season in mid-December when they’ll play five straight away from the BOK Center. Tulsa will enjoy two season-long four-game home stands (Jan. 29-Feb. 5, Feb. 10-16) and will play 13 of 17 on home ice from January 12 to February 16.
In terms of distance, the Oilers farthest trek will be a western swing to Arizona and Denver in late February and early March in which they will cover a whopping 2,512 miles.
Below is a list of CHL opponents and how many times the Oilers will face each team.
- Allen Americans: 9 games (5 home, 4 away)
- Arizona Sundogs: 7 games (5 home, 2 away)
- Bloomington Blaze: 7 games (5 home, 2 away)
- Denver Cutthroats: 3 games (1 home, 2 away)
- Missouri Mavericks: 9 games (4 home, 5 away)
- Quad City Mallards: 6 games (2 home, 4 away)
- Rapid City Rush: 5 games (2 home, 3 away)
- Texas Brahmas: 10 games (5 home, 5 away)
- Wichita Thunder: 10 games (4 home, 6 away)